4 Healthy and easy recipes with fruits
Get your nutrients from your fruits with a twist with these easy recipes.
Kiwi Sorbet is very tasty and incredible easy to make. It’s fresh and refreshing and your kids will love it on a hot sunny day.
- 8 kiwis, peeled
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- Peel and slice kiwis and place flat on a tray. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Once frozen, add to a food processor with remaining ingredients. Honey, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or pour into a shallow container and freeze for later!
Source: Super Healthy Kids
Choco Chiku Smoothie
Who doesn’t like chiku! Combine it with chocolate and its heaven.
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1 Cup chiku, chilled, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup ice-cubes
- Combine chocolate ice-cream, chikus, sugar and ice-cubes and beldn in a juicer till the mixture is smooth and frothy
- Place 2 tbsp of crushed ice into individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the smoothie into 2 glasses
- Serve immediately. You can garnish it with a chiku wedge and mint sprig.
Have some spicy guava chutney with some hot parathas for a Sunday lunch.
- 250 grams Guava (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Green Chilli (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt ( as per taste)
- Wash the mint and coriander leaves
- Add to blender and add other ingredients too
- Blend all the ingredients until paste smooth.
- Serve with paratha.
How do some sweet caramelized pears with ice cream sound?
- 3 tbsps unsalted butter
- 3 medium pears. Quartered and cored
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice-cream, for serving
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high.
- Add pears, one cut side down, and cook until browned, then reduce heat to medium and cook 3 minutes.
- Turn pears to other cut side and cook 4 minutes.
- Add sugar and 1 tablespoon water, swirling pan to combine. Turn pears skin side down and cook until sauce is thickened slightly, 2 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and pinch of salt.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Order your fresh and healthy fruits on www.akerretail.com